Sunday, July 11, 2010

Blog Post 6

This Is How We Dream Parts 1 and 2:
Richard Miller makes great points within his two videos. When I think of learning and finding research I instantly think of a library. When I was in high school four years ago and we had to do research papers we always had to have some ungodly amount of sources both from the internet and books, but mostly books. Teachers need to get with the program that anything we can find in the library can now be found on the internet as well. In fact you can find more resources online and not just written information. Richard Miller also stated that the type of creation and way of presenting information has not been invented yet , but someone needs to invent it. Teachers need to let the books go and get online. Get rid of the paper and get on word processors.

The Networked Student by Wendy Drexler
Is this the future of teachers? I believe it is. We as teachers need to more guide our students through learning rather than hand feed them the information then wait for them to regurgitate the information back to us. That method of teaching does not help anyone. Connectivism is the future. PLNs are the future. I am still trying to figure out how my PLN will work and benefit me. But this class will be my GUIDE and help me establish a PLN that will help me for years to come.

Micheal Wesch Video
This was not my favorite video to watch because I found it rather boring actually. What he highlighted in the video that I found to be remotely interesting was his take on social networking. We put things on the internet that we would probably would not talk about with our actual friends. Yet we post it on the internet for the whole world to see. Dr. Strange said in class that once we put it on the internet it is their forever. When I think of this I think of the website post secret. People post their deepest darkest secrets online. They are looking for responses or maybe even help. Internet and social networking is a way for people to connect in ways that you could sometimes not connect with people face to face.

No comments:

Post a Comment